Numbrs - Senior Java Engineer in Luxembourg
Numbrs - Senior Java Engineer in Luxembourg
At Numbrs, our engineers don’t just develop things – we have an impact. We change the way how people are managing their finances by building the best products and services for our users.
Numbrs engineers are innovators, problem-solvers, and hard-workers who are building solutions in big data, mobile technology and much more. We look for professional, highly skilled engineers who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced, value-driven environment.
Join our dedicated technology team that builds massively scalable systems, designs low latency architecture solutions and leverages machine learning technology to turn financial data into action. Want to push the limit of personal finance management? Join Numbrs.
You will be a part of a team that is responsible for developing, releasing, monitoring and troubleshooting large scale micro-service based distributed systems with high transaction volume . You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities. You will also be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the Company.
- ● a Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- ● hands-on experience with highly concurrent production grade systems
- ● experience with micro-service based architecture
- ● strong software design skills
- ● strong hands-on experience with Java (minimum 8 years)
- ● hands-on experience with Spring Boot
- ● excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities
- ● good English written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- ● Willingness to travel
Ideally, candidates will also have
- ● experience with big data technologies, such as Kafka, and Cassandra
- ● experience with Dockers and Kubernetes
Satispay - Administrative Manager
Satispay is an innovative Fintech start-up, operating in the mobile payment industry. Our payment system is independent from debit and credit cards and allows users to send money to phone contacts and pay in stores from a mobile app. We are based in Milan, Luxembourg & London.
For more information please visit: www.satispay.com ; www.crunchbase.com/organization/satispay
We help people enjoy life and achieve their goals by making money exchanges quick and easy
The values we believe in
Do it smart – Act intelligently and give people the opportunity to do so too Be responsible – Contribute to making the world a better place
Believe – Face life and work with confidence, hope and proactivity
Personal characteristics of the candidate
We are looking for smart and highly motivated people that share our mission, our values and our view of the business. We are looking for people that are determined, reliable and highly results-oriented, with proactive personalities, excellent organisational skills and a passion for innovation and technology.
If you are passionate, ready to work long hours and if you have a relentless desire to learn, then come join us! You’ll be in great company.
What we need
- - fluency in Italian, French and English
- - previous working experience in company’s administrative department or corporate services firm
- - excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- - good IT skills
- - detail-oriented mindset
- - willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges and to work under pressure in extremely fast-paced environment, in team and autonomously
What you will be doing
You will be fully responsible for facilitating the efficient functioning of the administrative department of Satispay’s Luxembourgish subsidiary via a range of tasks, such as:
Coordinate administrative functions
- - Accounts
- - Bookkeeping
- - Payroll
- - Payment
- - Procurements
Manage relationship with third parties
- - Employment services
- - Corporate services
- - Auditors
- - Banks
- ● Liaise with group companies’ administrative departments
- ● Coordinate office organization: supplies, travels, etc.
- ● Acts as a liaison to management and executives to resolve issues and manage daily workflow and deadlines
- ● Evaluate current operations to identify and implement process improvements
- ● Assist in hiring, training in company policies and procedures as well as evaluating staff
The role is based in Luxembourg.
Salary & Contract
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Stock option plan available.
Lendinvest - Funds Product Manager
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
We are looking for a Fund Product Manager for our Luxembourg Investment vehicle. As part of the Fund Services team you will working for the leading marketplace for real estate lending with aspirations for high growth over the coming year.
Reporting to the Director of Fund Services you will ensure the efficient operation of our Funds business in Luxembourg, working alongside our UK based team to drive the improvement and success of the Fund. This will involve regular meetings with our Luxembourg partners and service providers, communicating confidently and effectively about our business and solving investor queries and issues as they arise. You will be involved with all aspects of our product, from operations such as onboarding new investors, to helping push our online offering and streamlining processes for new and existing investors. You will be tasked with building out our presence in Luxembourg and therefore you will be expected to be proactive in your approach with the ability to build strong productive relationships across the board. You will be a key ambassador for LendInvest in Luxembourg and as such will you will link in and be actively involved with the FinTech, RegTech and PropTech scene there.
What you’ll be doing
- - Reviewing and analysing our current product offering
- - Documenting and managing the end to end customer journey and looking for efficiencies
- - Liaising with clients and third parties on relevant documentation
- - Day-to-day administration of funds
- - Developing and maintaining relationships with partners and service providers in Luxembourg
- - Documenting product feature and enhancement requests and liaison with the London based Engineering and Product team, including some user acceptance testing
- - Monitor digital AML & KYC processes
- - Effective communication with senior managers, colleagues and customers
- - Helping the development of the online platform
- - Assist the accounting team in various tasks
- - Attend board meetings and take minutes
- - Monitor, review and/or prepare investor reporting in collaboration with the clients
- - Take an active part in the onboarding of new funds for all related financial issues
- - Attending FinTech events and meetups
- - Staying abreast of new market trends and emerging technology in Luxembourg
What we’d need you to have
- - Accountancy / Finance degree or equivalent - 3+ years post qualified
- - Previous Funds experience
- - Proven experience working in Fund Services
- - Knowledge of CSSF regulations for Alternative Investment Funds
- - Fluency in English and French
- - Excellent communication skills
- - Self starter and ability to work independently
- - Travel will be required (approx. once a month for a couple of days in London)
- - Ability and desire to represent the company to the market and promote its good reputation
- - Good knowledge of all fund administrative routines involving subscription, redemptions etc.
- - What we’d like you to have
- - Ideally experience in a similar role within the FinTech, RegTech or PropTech industries
Onpex - Compliance Associate
At ONPEX, our mission is to become the leading platform to manage currencies, assets and smart contracts in the digital economy. We are a fast-growing technology company in the exciting and constantly evolving Fintech space. We are looking for independent, creative problem solvers to join our team as we disrupt banking!
- Assist the Compliance Officer in the daily compliance tasks
- Perform the regular review and update of the different policies of the company
- Conduct the Compliance Monitoring Program and report to the Compliance Officer
- Participate in improving the different processes of the company
- Support the AML Team on ad hoc requests, including investigation and draft of STR/SAR
- Draft the regular compliance reports for the Authorized Management
- Follow the different compliance evolutions and market trends to keep the company up-to-date Assist the Compliance Officer in the different trainings of the staff
- Bachelor in law or finance (Master is a plus)
- M1 in Compliance from the Luxembourg House of Training (M2 and/or M3 is a plus)
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a Compliance position (a first experience in a Fintech is a plus) Good knowledge of the banking and payment sector
- Good knowledge of the European and Luxembourg legislation
- Fluent in English (French or German is a plus)
- Strong motivation, good team spirit and innovative
- Challenging job with a high degree of responsibility
- Opportunity to get involved and create
- Productive work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours Support of a highly skilled, experienced team
- Attractive, performance-based salary in a permanent position
- Modern work environment with start-up flair in the heart of Luxembourg
CYBERHEDGE - Research Engineer/Front End Developer
How we change the world
Cyber risk is now one of the greatest risks companies face, and the consequences affect us all. At Cyberhedge, we recognize that cyber risk is primarily a social/societal risk. Society can only manage this risk by increased transparency and better reporting.
Cyberhedge allows companies to measure, manage, and report their exposure to cyber risk in terms of its economic impact, the same way other strategic risks are managed and reported. This rewards those companies which do the right thing and encourages all to adopt best practices.
How you will change
You will be joining a small, elite team. You will be expected to continually perform at a high level, rapidly mastering new tools and techniques. You will be working side by side with a leading machine learning researcher and an experienced institutional investor. Along with accelerating the research (including your own projects), you’ll build out public- and client-facing tools. You’ll learn a lot about ML and finance, and are expected to also teach us some things.
In two years, you will be an expert at developing and deploying advanced machine learning engines for fintech/regtech. You will have co-architected and build the full stack, from hosting environments/APIs, to algorithm development, to visualizations. You will have presented your work at conferences and contributed to open source projects, and will have established a reputation for excellence in the community.
Who you are
You discovered the satisfaction of writing software during your teens, and have been coding ever since. You have recently professionalized your experience by obtaining a degree in computer science or related field.
You have experience modelling data in either R or Python. You are also comfortable with modern web development. You consider yourself native-tongue fluent in at least one programming paradigm, and naturally think in algorithms and data structures. We are vi/emacs agnostic, but expect your dot file to be highly customized.
We office in the LHoFT, Luxembourg’s coolest office space and fintech/regtech startup hub. Located in Bonnevoie, it is conveniently reached by train/bus/scooter. We offer flexible working hours and market-rate salaries.
How to apply
Send us an email telling us about you and why you want to join our team, along with a recent CV.
Contact Glenn Lawyer at > Engineering@cyberhedge.comApply
FINOLOGEE - Java Backend Developer for Fintech applications
Do you want to boost your experience?
We have a unique opportunity for a Java Developer to work with our fantastic team.
If you are an IT graduate passionated by digital innovation and cutting-edge technology, you should read on!
With us you will ...
- Contribute to the architecture of the applications - choose the best setup and the best tools to solve the task at hand. Ensure applications are designed to be secure, resilient, well performing, and scalable from ground up.
- Use Wildfly as an microservice application platform, Keycloak as an authentication server, Camunda as a business process manager.
- Be creative - develop new features and improve existing ones - work closely with Product Managers, Designers and Frontend Developers to identify the best and most efficient way to solve customer problems.
- Run tests, push code, get it approved by your peers and deployed in productionthe same day - all our applications run in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure...) and are deployed as Docker containers using continuous delivery pipelines in a Kubernetes cluster.
- In a DevOps team, everybody is in charge of making sure the applications run smoothly, scale properly and don't waste resources.
What we expect from you...
- Strong knowledge and solid background in Java Enterprise technologies.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic to work in a small and dynamic team, delivering new things on a daily basis.
- Fluent English and/or French.
In return you will get...
- A job with us!
- An attractive package that matches with your role and responsibilities
- The opportunity to be part of a multicultural and startup-minded team
- A nice place to work: spacious and modern offices located close to Luxembourg-City with easy accessby bus or by car and free parking
Born out of an entrepreneurial passion for process simplification by digitisation, we believe our mission is to imagine different financial services experiences by creating digital platforms and ecosystems. We produce cutting-edge technology and stunning products. And this can only be done with the best people. Together we build the future of financial services.
FINOLOGEE specialises in creating new experiences for the financial industry, building truly digital platforms and products, such as our fully digital platform that enables financial industry players to quickly onboard new customers and our access-to-account gateway providing banks with a ready-to-use and secure product to enable triggering of payments and data retrieval from their customers’ accounts.
For that purpose, the founders of FINOLOGEE created Digicash, the Luxembourg banks' mobile payment product, and Mpulsethat handles SMS routing and payments with telcos, over the last years. FINOLOGEE is their latest venture, its goal is to create new digital B2B2C platforms and ecosystems for the financial industry.
At the crossroads of information technology, regulatory compliance and user experience design, FINOLOGEE's technology and expertise enable banks to handle PSD2 access-to-account interconnections and to deal with KYC and ID challenges more efficiently using our service aggregation platform. We are both a start-up at heart, with all the forceful ingredients of a fast-paced product building environment, and we will be operating as a financial services professional, regulated and supervised. This is what makes us unique, this is where, why and how we create digital excellence.
So … if the signs that we are made for each other were true, we’d love you to joinour truly startup-minded team led by passionate entrepreneurs that strive to excel at what they do best: digital innovation. You would become a key driverat one of the most powerful digital ventures in Luxembourg.
Sounds good? Let's meet!
If you believe that we could make a great match, then we would love to get to know you!
Send your application to email@example.com, don’t forget to mention the reference “Java Backend Developer“ in the subject, and please include
- The reasonswhy you would like to join andwhy we should choose you
- A full CV/résumé and/or link to a full LinkedIn or other online profile
- A mobile phone number where we can get hold of you
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org