Allen & Overy 1st Annual General Counsel Forum in Luxembourg
Lawyers who work in-house for Luxembourg’s biggest firms will be getting together in October to hear about the latest developments in digital technologies affecting businesses.
They will be attending the General Counsel Forum organised by law firm Allen & Overy – the first of its kind ever held in Luxembourg.
Taking place on 8 October 2019 at the Allen & Overy offices, the forum will become an annual event. It aims to create a new legal best practice community and an exclusive network for in-house Counsel in Luxembourg.
The chosen topic for this year’s event is legal technology (legaltech) and innovation.
The forum will bring together established legaltech companies from Fuse, Allen & Overy’s collaborative tech innovation space, legaltech experts and senior legal and compliance professionals to learn, discuss and leverage new opportunities to advance their tech agendas.
Commenting on the GC forum, Senior Partner of Allen & Overy (Luxembourg), Patrick Mischo, said: “As businesses are evolving, so is the role of the general counsel. Our first General Counsel Forum will offer attendees lessons learned from our collaboration between legal, business and technology, as well as debates on how the legal profession can move ahead and expand its horizons.”
Frank Mausen, Managing Partner of Allen & Overy (Luxembourg), added: “We are truly excited to welcome Fuse and its cohort members to share their expertise with the Luxembourg legal community. Legaltech is a common denominator that brings together General Counsel and other senior legal and compliance professionals from various sectors to meet each other, discuss and network.”
Programme higlights will include:
- Welcome and the latest in legaltech by Patrick Mischo (Senior Partner, Luxembourg) and Shruti Ajitsaria (Partner, Head of Fuse at Allen & Overy, London)
- Deal management by Saleh Abukmeil (Senior Manager, Global Legal Tech Group, London)
- Automated data extraction and machine learning by Saran Kaur (Senior Manager, Global Legal Tech Group, London)
- Contract life cycle by Peter Myners (Partner, Luxembourg) and Audrey Scarpa (Counsel, Head of Legal Tech team in Luxembourg)
- Fuse Stories: Case studies with Fuse cohort members, co-presented by Allen & Overy’s Luxembourg partners
To register, please email email@example.com for further information
To join the conversation, follow @AllenOvery_LU on Twitter and use #GCforum, #beyondlegaltrends.
For further information, contact Monita Hooda, firstname.lastname@example.org, +352 44 44 55 130.
Notes for Editors:
1. Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5400 people, including some 550 partners, working in over 40 offices worldwide.
2. In this press release ‘Allen & Overy’ means Allen & Overy SCS and/or its affiliated undertakings.
3. The term ‘partner’ is used to refer to a member of Allen & Overy SCS or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or an individual with equivalent status in one of Allen & Overy SCS’ affiliated undertakings. www.allenovery.com
Allen & Overy Luxembourg
33 avenue John F. Kennedy
8 OCT 2019 to 8 OCT 2019