CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa 2020
Bootcamp for 12 Inclusive Fintech Companies
CATAPULT is a 1-week training and networking bootcamp, hosted in Luxembourg between 1st and 8th of March 2020, for 12 Fintech companies working to develop financial inclusion in Africa.
The program is run in English. Travel and accommodation costs for the participating Fintech companies will be covered.
Building on the success of previous experience, we are proud to launch the 2nd edition of the CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa. This acceleration program is a unique one-week program supporting 12 selected Fintech companies from all over Africa focusing on financial inclusion and keen to build bridges between Africa and Europe, highlighting their initiatives and very much aligned with the sustainability goals of Luxembourg’s finance centre, where the potential is huge.
Application DEADLINE is Wednesday 15th of January >> http://catapult.lu
CATAPULT: Inclusion Africa will cover a range of broad topics, including business model mapping, scaling strategies, peer due diligence processes, investability, business plan presentation, legal strategy, pricing, HR policy, marketing strategy, and more.
In parallel, the bootcamp will support the promotion of Fintech for Financial Inclusion topic to the broader Responsible Finance sector in Luxembourg and beyond, to include PFIs, MFIs, Fund Managers, Philanthropists, Advisory and Support firms. The goal is to highlight and promote synergies, collaboration and potential partnerships between the participating Fintechs and these institutions.
Finally, the bootcamp aims to promote and draw attention to the importance and value of Fintech for Financial Inclusion, through local and international media exposure, with the goal of focusing broad attention to the initiatives that are driving positive change in Africa.
Startups selected could range from pre-seed to Series A stage. In general, the bootcamp is stage-agnostic as it aims to further support promising early-stage startups in the fintech for financial inclusion space and create synergies between them, partners, sponsors, investors, Microfinance institutions (MFI) and Public Financial Institutions (PFIs).
- Must be a Fintech company with a clear financial inclusion focus
- Should ideally be a solution that is directly beneficial to work in partnership with a traditional financial institution and/or MFI/PFI
- Must be delivering a solution directly applicable to the target region: Africa
- Should have a minimum viable product already that it would be capable to implement in a pilot project
- Should have meaningful customer or business validation (not limited to revenue, can also be successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships)
- Must have a strong and well-balanced team. Key areas such as sales, technology development and operations should be covered internally
- Prior funding raised is an advantage but is not a limiting factor for the selection.
Get the chance to be immersed in an exclusive program supporting YOU to enhance financial inclusiveness and scale your business
APPLY NOW at >> http://catapult.lu
CATAPULT Africa is provided by the LHoFT (The Luxembourg House of Financial Technology). The LHoFT Foundation is a public – private sector initiative that drives technology innovation for Luxembourg’s financial services industry, connecting the domestic and international Fintech community to develop solutions that shape the world of tomorrow.
The LHoFT Foundation
9, rue du Laboratoire
1 MAR 2020 to 8 MAR 2020