EU banks with payment accounts are required to provide on-demand access to their customers’ accounts to third party providers since September 14th, 2019.
This has been the last deadline of a 2-years process to roll-out PSD2 compliance in Europe.
- How has this been dealt within Luxembourg?
- Which strategies did banks adopt?
- What were the pitfalls and how did they overcome them?
- What are the challenges that still need to be dealt with?
- What will be next?
- What will be the opportunities?
- What is the status of ‘access to account’ schemes in other countries?
An overview by Finologee, KPMG and Schiltz&Schiltz, with contributions by New Access from Switzerland (private banking software platform provider) and LaFinBox from France (white-labelled account aggregation). Welcome speech by Nasir Zubairi, CEO of the LHoFT and closing remarks by Jean-Louis Schiltz, Professor (hon.)
16:00-16:10 – Introduction by Nasir Zubairi, CEO at LHoFT
16:10-16-30 – Speech by Nadia Manzari, Partner at Schiltz&Schiltz
- Setting the regulatory scene – main PSD2 impact & requirements
- Particular cases of e-money players, internet platforms, pure-player card issuers, commercial/corporate banking and traders
- SCA – exemptions, challenges, current delay by regulators for implementation, potential impact on consumers in e-commerce
16:30-16:50 – Speech by Jürgen Rieder – Partner at KPMG & Vivek Yadav – Senior Manager Strategy & Regulatory at KPMG
- PSD2 compliance strategies for access to account infrastructure – Make vs. Buy
- Beyond the deadlines: How PSD2 may impact strategies of Banks and TPPs
16:50-17:10 – Speech by Jonathan Prince – CSO at Finologee
- 30 banks becoming PSD2 compliant in 12 months – lessons learned & best practices
17:10-17:25 – Speech by Vitus Rotzer – CEO at New Access
- PSD2 impact on private banking/wealth management in EEA & Switzerland
17:25-17:40 – Speech by Sébastien Wileczek – Head of Strategy at LaFinBox
- Maximizing the potential of PSD2: account aggregation opportunities for wealth management
17:40-17:50 – Closing remarks by Jean-Louis Schiltz – Professor (hon.)
The LHoFT Foundation
9, rue du Laboratoire
14 OCT 2019 to 14 OCT 2019
Starting time: 16:00